Cox Mahon Limited endeavours to ensure that our clients receive a first class service however if you are not entirely satisfied, we will endeavour to resolve this as soon as we can. Set out below are the procedures which we have put in place to ensure that complaints are handled fairly, effectively and promptly.
If you consider that you have cause to complain, the following information will advise you;
- How to make a complaint
- How we ensure that your complaint is dealt with promptly, fairly and effectively
- Further options available, if you are not satisfied with our response
How to Make a Complaint
Should you wish to make a complaint, contact us if possible in writing detailing the precise nature of your complaint using the following details:
Cox Mahon Limited
40 St James’s Place
London SW1A 1NS
t: 020 7183 4472
f: 020 7183 9500
Our Complaints Handling Procedure
- We will record your complaint and aim to resolve your concerns wherever possible by close of business the next working day. However if this is not possible, we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within 5 working days.
- If your complaint should more appropriately be referred to another organisation, such as an insurer, we will promptly refer your complaint in writing to the firm after furnishing you with full contact details of the organisation’s complaint handler.
- Within 4 weeks - After investigating the circumstances of your complaint, we will endeavour to resolve matters at the earliest possible opportunity. We will usually send our response to you in writing no later than 4 weeks after receipt of your complaint or alternatively let you know in writing why we are not yet in a position to resolve your complaint. You are welcome to contact us at any time to check the status of our investigation.
- Within 8 weeks – We will send a written response informing you of the final outcome of our investigation. If you are still not satisfied with the way your complaint has been handled, you can ask the appropriate independent complaints scheme to review your case without affecting your statutory rights. The details listed below are for the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) within the UK. Outside of the UK, please refer to your policy documents for details of the appropriate independent complaints scheme. A FOS explanatory booklet will be supplied with our final response and will explain eligibility for making a claim under this scheme.
The Financial Ombudsman Service in the United Kingdom:
Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
Phone: 0300 123 9 123 or 0800 023 4567
You can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review of your complaint if for any reason you are still dissatisfied with our final response, or if we have not issued our final response within eight weeks of you first raising the complaint. The Financial Ombudsman Service can only consider your complaint provided you are a personal customer or business customer with a turnover within certain limits, and have given us a reasonable opportunity to resolve your case.