Commercial Combined
& Office

Businesses operating from a commercial property will require certain insurance covers to protect:

  • their assets – eg; Buildings, Contents & Computer insurances
  • their earnings – eg; Business Interruption insurance
  • their liabilities – eg; Employers and Public Liability insurances

Some business insurances are supplied as “package” policies with standard covers automatically included (such as for a professional firm operating from an office, a retail shop or a surgery). Other commercial firms (such as manufacturing or warehousing) will require a specialist policy designed to account for the risks of their specific industry.

Cox Mahon has a team of experienced brokers who provide advice and create bespoke insurance programmes for our business and commercial clients.

Areas for consideration are:

  • Buildings – only necessary if you own the property
  • Tenants’ Improvements – often required for internal fixtures & fittings you have installed (kitchen, internal partitions, etc)
  • Contents – for an Office, your desks, chairs, computers, printers, cabinets, etc. For a trading business, your stock, fixtures & fittings. All to be insured for a replacement value.
  • Business Interruption
  • Money – cash or negotiable instruments on premises, in transit or in a safe
  • Goods in Transit – supply or delivery of raw materials &/or finished goods
  • Employer’s Liability – a legal requirement for any business with staff, covering your legal liability for accidents arising through their employment
  • Public / Products Liability – covering your legal liability for injury or accident arising from your business activities
  • All Risks – for portable equipment taken away from your business premises (laptops, mobile phones, etc)
  • Legal – Legal expenses cover helps with fees if you are faced with taking legal action against a third party, or for defending an action against your business